|Головна » Статті » Статті англійською мовою|
UDC 378.12: 327 (4)
Director of Sarny Pedagogical College
of Rivne State Humanitarian University
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE FORMATION OF A TEACHER
OF I- II LEVELS OF ACCREDITATION PEDAGOGICAL HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION IN THE CONTEXT OF EUROPEAN INTEGRATION
The state and urgent problems of activity of higher educational establishments of I-II levels of accreditation in the context of general educational space is described in the article. Essence, constituents and ways of forming professional competence of the teacher of pedagogical institution of higher education are outlined, ways of increasing his professional skills are offered.
Problem in general. The role of the teacher in the development of man is generally known. The community trusts them shaping the future of the nation, so the teacher should use the comprehensive respect and authority, which may be won only if there is a high culture, wide outlook, undeniable professional competence.
Not always the knowledge that the teacher gets in the pedagogical institution, is enough for successful employment. Therefore there is a need of constant improvement, bringing to the requirements of life.
In addition, the problem of professional training of present and future teachers is due to the accession of our country into the European educational space. Therefore, the teachers of pedagogical universities must think not only about improving the training of future graduates, but also constantly work to achieve such level of professional competence, which would allow to work successfully in the new environment.
Forming the purposes of an aticle. Problem. The subject of research is the professional competence of the teacher of modern pedagogical higher educational institution of I-II levels of accreditation and the purpose is to determine the composition and main ways of its formation. To solve this problem, we will first find out the essence of professional competence.
Analysis of recent research and publications in which initiated a solution of this problem. Determining the quality of a teacher, they mean the results of his work. There is a skillful teacher, working on a standard professional level, and there is the one who finds pedagogical skills and creativity, and finally - pedagogical innovation.
So, to professional levels in the genesis of pedagogical activity it should be satisfied pedagogical craft, pedagogical skills, pedagogical creativity and pedagogical innovation.
Thus, professional competence is the result of training, providing mastering teaching skills as a part of educational excellence.
The term "professional competence" was included in the terminology in the 80s of the last century with works Y.K.Babanskyi, S.P.Baranov, V.O.Slastionin and was considered as a part of teacher professionalism.
The structure of professional communicative competence consists of psychological, social, technological and linguistic components.
Slastionin V.O. considers teacher competence as a unity of theoretical and practical readiness for educational activities. Vardanian Y.V. consideres it as willingness and ability to use the theoretical knowledge and practical experience to solve new problems. Kuzmina N.V. stresses that competence is a combination of teacher skills in a special way to structure knowledge to solve educational problems.
Quite successful is the determination of competency as a sufficient level of professional knowledge, skills and personal set of capabilities and professional experience (Kolominskyy N.L., Shcherban P.N.) [4, p.63].
European scientists (M.Alhe, M.Debess, F.Marie) interpret professional competence as a set of potential, emotional, cognitive and psychomotor actions of effective activity.
The main material research with justification of the results. The International Commission for the Council of Europe (CoE) considers the concept of "competence" as key skills, fundamental ways of training, professional qualifications, skills, basic knowledge.
Competencies include the individual's ability to perceive and respond to individual and social needs.
International standards department considers competence as the ability to perform tasks or work.
We treat human competence as the ability to perform professional activity and the level of professional qualifications in general much depends on the level of his competence. Accordingly, the higher the level of competence acquired, the more effective is the work of a specialist. Therefore, the professional competence of the teacher is the foundation of pedagogical skills and includes: deep professional knowledge, skills and abilities, psychological and pedagogical professionalism, a perfect level of functional competencies.
New challenges facing education in the information society, providing high functionality of an expert on the labor market, full of life and preservation of competence of each individual in the age of globalization require updating of teacher education. Educational Institutions are designed to provide not only the necessary level of professional knowledge and skills of students, but also to form a creative person, able to accept the new, inclined to research and innovation activities. To some extent, this also applies to higher education institutions of I-II levels of accreditation.
Today only teacher with high theoretical and methodological competencies can provide training of competitive professionals. This requires the creation of necessary conditions for continuous professional development of teaching staff. The problem is compounded by the fact that in the system as teachers there work people who often do not possess the necessary level of professional training.
Teachers of the pedagogical university (college) can be divided into three categories: graduates, leading scientific research, defend theses, practice teachers, who "grew up" from high school, and finally, the graduates of the institution.
The first lack practical experience, low tenure of teaching skills, the second lack the fundamental scientific training, and the third lack the experience and group knowledge.
The problems of development and functioning of higher education found the ample coverage in the works of B.S.Hershunskyi, O.M.Kuz, V.A.Skakun, M.F.Stepko and others.
In the works of V.A.Baranov, N.V.Kychuk, N.H.Nychkalo, A.H.Sokolov, V.S.Pikelna there were studied the issues of experts to educational activities training improving.
Training of teachers in the institutions of I-II levels of accreditation is studied by S.Ya.Batyshev, T.Yu.Lomakina, O.M.Penzenyk, M.P.Sybirska and others.
However, the development of these issues is progressing slowly. Considering the role of schools and colleges in higher education, especially the legal and social status of their workers, we concluded that the need for their training is obvious. It is primarily about the values of the teacher educational activities reorientation from subject-semantic and technological components to humanistic values.
The level of professional skills, according T.I.Sushchenko in the process of professional development ensures the formation of individual style of pedagogical activity, which, on the one hand, is a set of personal characteristics of the teacher, and on the other hand, it is a composition of pedagogical views, targets, special work technology and a unique manner of communication [6, p.93].
In terms of our research, there is an interesting position of M.P.Leshchenko who diagnosed pedagogical skills of teachers in the context of the field theory. It is based on the assertion of V.Vernadskyi, who describes the "field of its own existence", considers teaching activities as the process of energy and material exchange between teacher and students. Hence there appears the existence of so-called cognitive-active field, which is the result of blending of teacher’s and student’s personal fields during a particular lesson. Again, it shows how the field of the teacher influences the student’s field, which the scientist calls "cognitive-active".
Creating the cognitive-active field, as M.P.Leschenko notes, teacher subconsciously gives students not "bald" information, but through a sensory-emotional sphere generates the information image that is a source of cognitive and active field acting on the student by word, facial expressions, learning tools. There is formed positive (joy, enthusiasm, success, inspiration, love) or negative (fear, humiliation, violence, impotence, inability) energy potential of the field. Cognitive-active field of maximum positive potential is in the special atmosphere of teachers and students exaltation when they individually and collectively are covered with magnificent feelings of admiration, joy, discovery and comprehension of previously unknown phenomena of the surrounding and internal world [3 p.41- 43].
It turns out that the search for ways to increase the positive energy potential of the field cognitive activity is the highest level of educational mastery – search of joyful, creative work, a sense of peace and comfort and pleasure.
We share the opinion O.A.Vasylieva that the main task of postgraduate education should be directed to:
- teacher capacity increasing through the formation of innovative knowledge and skills;
- correction of orientation and formation of professional culture through the development of vocational value orientations;
- development of social and professional skills and key qualifications of psycho-pedagogical profile;
- stimulating of professional growth and success;
- formation of installation on innovation .
We are deeply convinced that these problems are largely resolved through the organization of scientific and technical work in schools. Implementing the methodological problem "Formation of professional competence and vital creativity of students by implementing design technologies and interactive techniques in the educational process," we build a system that provides:
- the organization of pedagogical workers certification activities, the study of their work;
- provision of training course schedules and training;
- conducting of subject weeks and school of pedagogical skills;
- implementation of events during a week of science;
- organization of scientific conferences, seminars, round tables devoted to significant and memorable dates;
- meeting of psycho-pedagogical workshops "Provisions of the teacher professional skill improvement" and "Development of the teacher creative potential in the work with talented young people";
- engaging students and teachers in the preparation and defense of research projects, various forms of scientific research and others.
The result of scientific and methodical work in 2009-2010 academic year was the publication of over 100 guides and publications. The main focus of this work is the activity of cycle subject commissions.
Considering the needs of modern higher education, we note that during the preparation of academics there should be ensured the formation of language and foreign language, information and computer, sociological, legal and managerial components. The successful implementation depends on the proper organization of educational process and skillfully made goals. It is advisable to note that competent teacher should constantly review the course material and make there necessary corrections. This applies to teachers of all subjects, because, unfortunately, the textbooks are not always focused on the needs of education and society. The scientific truths, which are laid by the State Standard of education, sometimes take into account the immediate needs of today not enough. So the goal of teachers is to choose the optimal method of teaching the discipline in accordance with the requirements of modern society.
Conclusions from the research and prospects of further research in this direction. Thus, in our view, components of professional competence of the teacher of modern higher education institution are:
- fundamental knowledge of scientific disciplines with current approaches to its study, trends, research, development of the most urgent problems, modern teaching methods;
- knowledge of methods of teaching discipline, constant revision of curricula and programs, adapting them to modern needs, the study of innovative learning technologies and their application in practice;
- ownership of the methodology of scientific research, based on appropriate training for conducting of scientific research in the last year of college, involvement in research and guide students in conducting research;
- language and foreign language competence, which include the ability to prove the opinion on certain problems not only in native but also in a foreign language;
- information and computer competence, which includes the ability to use the information sources and computer network at the user level and skills of analysis, selection and skillful use of the media;
- sociological competence, which means the ability to communicate with students, knowledge of their problems, a thorough study of the student environment and the functioning of higher education establishment;
- legal competence - knowledge of rights and responsibilities of students, the regulation of possible conflicts in the system of teacher-student, etc;
- the ability to organize classes of students, to plan and manage independent and individual work, having control methods and verification of educational tasks;
- professional growth, continuous improvement of professional competence, achieved by the participation in teaching seminars, conferences, visits to training courses, scientific search etc.
Teacher advanced training of the pedagogical university of I-II levels of accreditation, in our opinion, will help to solve a number of fundamental problems: the formation of professional skills improvement mechanism as an integral regulatory and content component of the educational process; modeling the expected results and their system diagnostics; introducing a motivational environment.
Thus, the problem of professional competence formation of teachers of higher educational institution of I-II levels of accreditation, their professional development is relevant and timely, and should be made on the evidence-based principles.
The materials of the article do not exhaust all the aspects of the abovementioned problems. Such questions as increasing professional competence of pedagogical staff in the system of postgraduate education remain not enough open.
1. Vasylieva O.A. Psykholohichni osoblyvosti pisliadyplomnoi osvity / O.A.Vasylyeva // Formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti: problemy i poshuky: zbirnyk naukovykh prats. - ZOIPPO, 2006. - 450 s.
2. Kuzmina N.V. Profesionalizm diialnosti vykladacha / N.V.Kuzmina. - M., 1989. - 164 s.
3. Leshchenko M.P. Teoriia polia v konteksti diahnostyky vchytelia v umovakh osobystisno-oriientovanoi systemy navchannia/ M.P.Leshchenko // Pedahohichna maisternist ta suchasna tekhnolohiia rozvytku osobystosti vchytelia. - Poltava: ASMI, 2002. - 336 s.
4. Myzherykov V.A. Vvedenyia v pedahohycheskuiu professyiu / V.A.Myzherykov. - M .: Pedahohycheskoe obshchestvo Rossyy, 1999.
5. Sysoieva S.O. Pedahohichna tvorchist uchytelia: vyznachennia, teoretychna model, funktsii pidhotovky / S.O.Sysoieva // Pedahohika i psykholohiia. - 1958. - №2.
6. Sushchenko N.V. Intehratsiini tendentsii v doslidzhenni osvitnikh protsesiv / N.V.Sushchenko // Formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti: zbirnyk naukovykh prats. - ZOIPPO, 2004.
|Переглядів: 685 ||
|Всього коментарів: 0|