|Головна » Статті » Статті англійською мовою|
TEACHERS’ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
IN THE SYSTEM OF IN-SERVICE TRAINING
In this article the teachers’ professional development in the system of in-service training is analyzed in the context of continuous adult education quality problem in three relatively independent aspects: as a social and pedagogical phenomenon, as a process that develops in time under the influence of certain objective factors and as a social institution.
Keywords: teacher professional model, acmeology teachers postgraduate pedagogical education system.
Problem research. Problems of teachers professional development, their skills improve are defined as priorities, directly related to the economic and cultural development, social stability of any state. This efficient functioning of the professional development of teachers provides a high level of professionalism in society, promotes harmonious combination of public and personal interests.
Analysis of scientific publications. Implementation of individually oriented approach requires variability in the formation and organization of educational concepts, education techniques and technologies, finding of effective pedagogical conceptual provisions. According to V. Kremen, "modern scientific-pedagogical strategy should be focused on the child development project" [3, p.28]. Thus, "the most important values of education are not only the child but also a teacher, able to develop instincts, talent, to social security, the preservation of the child's personality, and therefore there is a need to change the methodology for teacher training - to shape the future expert as a person capable of lifelong learning, making decision in the interests of the child "[3, p.28]. This idea found its coverage of national research scientists (V.Kremen, O.Savchenko, I.Ziaziun, V.Oliinyk, N.Bibik, N.Protasova, O.Sukhomlynska etc.), who summarize the theory and practice of adult education, analyze andragogics problems, foreign and national experience of postgraduate education systems.
This thesis is supported by the idea that "modern teacher must be a man of high culture, a conductor of ideas state building and democratic state changes, practice universal values" [3, p.34]. Thus, at the state level, the requirements for the individuality of a teacher, his professional motivation and professional skills, self-development are substantially enhanced. Accordingly, the hopes are relied on the system of postgraduate education, qualitative teacher training.
The main material of the research. Among the contradictions of theoretical analysis of this problem, in our opinion, the contradictions of fast and continuous changes in society and obsolescence of school education; contradictions between existing traditional educational theory and inconsistent with them empirical results of innovative pedagogical practices; the desire of teachers to innovative changes and lack of a pedagogical theory and practice system of teacher-researchers training deserve attention . Here, obviously, we should pay more attention to axiological research, evolutionary and civilizational, anthropological, existential, epistemological, strukturalistychnoho, synergistic, activity, procedural and socio-cultural approaches.
In particular, H.Danylova developed acmeological teacher professional model consisting of four components: competence, personal orientation, moral and spiritual culture, acmeological professional positions [2, p.82]. E. Selezniova analyzes acmeological competence, considering it as integral human capacity to build their gradual development in various spheres of life with a constant complication of tasks and age levels of achievement . So, in today's socio-cultural context acmeology is particularly important as it studies the laws and technology of professionalism and creativity development, as a theoretical basis for the various professional activities optimal implementation.
Professional development of teachers in-service training is analyzed by us in the context of the quality of adult education and was studied on an interdisciplinary level in three relatively independent aspects: as a social and pedagogical phenomenon as a process that develops in time under the influence of certain objective factors, and as a social institute. In the first case the teacher professional development is seen as a factor of socialization and a means of certain education level achieving, general culture and professional competence, relevant to social and personal needs of man as a citizen, the subject of academic and professional activities. In the second – as a long process, the factors of its formation are examined, especially at different life stages. A set of targeted educational services received by adult-teacher in the process of of raising professional qualification offered by various educational postgraduate education institutions plays an important role.
It should be noted that the basis for the strategy of institutions of postgraduate education is to find the tools to ensure the quality of teacher professional development [5, p.47]. Under this strategy, the system of postgraduate education institutions should focus both on the market of educational services and the quality of specialists professional development.
Professional development of teachers in the system of postgraduate education is based on the idea of an adult education integrated approach - the andragogics theory:
- adults learning and education study;
- their basic education principles consideration;
- analysis of the content, structure, forms and methods of improving the process of adult learning in developed Western countries;
- testing of effective models of adult education in the national system of postgraduate education.
Among the theoretical conditions for effective functioning of postgraduate education there are:
- creation of andragogics departments in the institutes of postgraduate education;
- carrying out methodological workshops on adult education;
- familiarization of training students to the problems of andragogics formation and development in our country and the world as general theory and methods of professional development of teachers in the system of postgraduate education and so on.
According to modern western classifications postgraduate education system consists of four areas:
a) teacher training (mainly for teachers who work with certificates);
b) post-graduate education for teachers who want to improve their wages;
c) post-graduate education for teachers, preparing for new professional roles;
d) teacher training associated with updating curricula (scheduled or urgent changes).
In the educational systems of Western countries there is an effective way of teachers training - their participation in school activities devoted to professional development, conducting researches, updating the content of school education. Functioning independently of postgraduate education of teachers (inservice training - INSET), this line of teacher training is organically linked with the school life and is one of its dimensions. In the history of Western schooling this phenomenon is called "the development of school personnel» (staff development) [5, c.14-15].
The essential factor of teacher professional development is qualification attestation, which allows to:
1) determine the characteristics of the qualification certification in terms of teacher professional development;
2) identify signs of identity concepts, teachers’ self-determination and self-certifying in the attestation process;
3) justify the role of qualification attestation in the development of subjective position of a teacher in the process of personal and professional fulfillment;
4) develop and experimentally test the efficiency of qualification attestation model that ensures the implementation of the principle of humanistic and individually oriented approach to teacher professional development;
5) identify and scientifically justify organizational, psychological, educational, scientific and methodological conditions that ensure the effectiveness of teacher professional development of in the attestation process;
6) justify the features and functions of qualifying certification model in professional development of teachers.
Theoretical analysis of global trends of study on the teachers professional development in the system of postgraduate education is important for domestic science in the context of the national strategy of national education integration into the global educational process, finding effective solutions to the existing problems facing the educational community [4, p.113-115].
The current stage of global educational development is characterized by the growing role of teachers in providing positive changes in various aspects of society, successful solving of the problems related to elimination of global risks to human aggression, extremism and terrorism, racial prejudice, ethnic hatred and other negative trends.
In the last decade the priority areas of research of European scientists in the areas of postgraduate education were aimed at analysis of:
- training teachers to participate in educational reform;
- consolidation of organizational structures in postgraduate education and rationalization of national systems of postgraduate education;
- improving the quality of postgraduate education and teacher training;
- focusing on common, pan-European action in the field of teachers postgraduate education [5, c.11]. European countries gained teachers postgraduate education experience that is valuable for understanding and creative use by Ukrainian teachers in terms of teachers postgraduate education updating.
Conclusions. The national education system seeks to ensure the full development of the teacher’s individual by improving expertise in system of methodical service of secondary school and postgraduate education. That is why teacher training institutions have to obtain a new social status in society. Accordingly, the attitude towards them has to change as from the educational management bodies and from the school administration, teachers of general subjects as well.
1. Vashchenko L.Upravlinnia innovatsiinymy protsesamy v zahalnii serednii osviti rehionu / L.Vaschenko. - K.: Tyrazh, 2005. - 380 s.
2. Danylova H. Akmeolohichna model pedahoha / H.Danylova // Osvita i upravlinnia naukovo-praktychnyi zhurnal. - 2005. - T. 8. - № 3-4. - S. 82-84.
3. Kremen V.H. Osvita i nauka v Ukraini – innovatsiini aspekty. Stratehiia. Realizatsiia. Resultaty / V.H.Kremen. - K: Hramota, 2005. - 448 s.
4. Mitina A.M. Dopolnitilnoe obrazovanie vzroslyhk za rubezhom: kontseptualnoe stanovlienie i razvitie / A.M.Mitina. - M.: Nauka, 2004. – 304s.
5. Pisliadyplomna pedahohichna osvita Ukrainy: suchasnist i perspektyvy rozvytku: nauk. - metod. posibnyk / za zah. red. V.V.Oliynika, L.I.Danylenko. - K.: Milenium, 2005. - 230 s.
6. Selezneva E.V. Razvitie akmeolohicheskoi kultury lichnosti / E.V.Selezneva. - M.: RAGS 2004.
|Переглядів: 291 ||
|Всього коментарів: 0|